Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Career Goals

Here are the career goals one of my students wrote in a document she is taking to her practicum supervisor (i.e., a potential future employer). Notice how specific and realistic they are (not!).

1 year- Within one year I plan to be working with children and families.

5 years- In 5 years I plan to be well off into my career. I am not sure if I want to go to g
raduate school as of now so I hope to have made up my mind by this time. I would also like to be working with families or children within an organization.

10 years- In 10 years I plan on being very settled somewhere
and satisfied with my life. I have big plans for myself so therefore I'm sure I will have everything I want by then. My career, family and home are the goal. I want a business of my own working with families so by then I hope to have a plan for being on my way to life long success.

No comments:

Post a Comment